Monday, March 27, 2017

Hello!

Hello my friends & family! How are you all doing?

Today is a GOOD day!
It's "P" day. Otherwise known as "Preparation" day (Or "Preston" day as my father would say HA!)

*Warning: Lo siento for all of my spelling mistakes in the email. I am sitting in the laundry room and typing on a dinosaur computer*
I'm also sorry if this email is uber random! 

Alright, lets get down to buisness. The MTC has been such a unique expierence and not what I expected it to be at all. It really does reek of the spirit, in the best way possible. 

My companion is Hermana Solomon. She makes me laugh so hard. Hands down, one of the funniest people that I have ever met. Which I is a BIG fat blessing..... because after sitting in class for 12 hours a good laugh is just the medicine that we both need. We have a lot of fun together but also work so much together too. She is from New Zealand!!! Olivia and Saulie, she is seriously the real life Moana. It has been so fun to learn + love her culture. 
She is dealing with some stomach issues. :(

Last night we had a conversation that went like this:
Solomon: "I think we should have a fart rule"
Worley: "HA okay, what's that?"
Solomon: "If someone has to fart, they can."
Worley: "BAHAHAH okay. Bien hermana"

LOVE THIS GIRL. But would you please keep her in your prayer? Gracias. Gracias. :) 

I am working SO hard on my Spanish. the gift of toungs is something that we have to work towards. Yesterday Hermana Solomon and I taught our first investigator in SPANISH! Oh my goodness, it stretched us both.
So we prepared a lesson on the restoration of the gospel. About 5 mintues before we were to teach our investigator, Hermana Solomon and I did NOT feel good about all what we had prepared. So we said a prayer and asked Heavenly Father for direction ASAP. After our prayer we both felt that we needed to simplfy.... so our new game plan was to just let Junior know that Heavenly Father loves Him, tell him about the Book of Mormon and ask him to write down his questions.
Our lesson looked a lot like charades, Hermana Solomon and I were trying so hard to communicate to him in Spanish and we dont comprehend much Spanish our selves. So we were drawing on the Chalkboard, using hand gestures and I ended up using Google translate at the very end of the lesson to ask if we could come back and visit him. Which he said YES! BLESS HIS HEART! #proofjesuslovesme 
This expierence testified to me that LOVE truly is the universial language. I know that i wans't called on a mission to teach the gospel with perfect Spanish. 
I am here to LOVE and INVITE. Such happy things!!!!!!  

Okay, Lets talk about the food here, its not awful! They have this really awesome healthy food station. I have been pretty much living off of salads, wraps and ice cream. So no complaints from this Hermana.

I have never prayed so much in my life as I have in the MTC. I pray to Heavenly Father every hour. I need His strength. Being a missionary is hard work but I can do hard things. Being a missionary is also one of the most rewarding things ever.
I am allllll about what the word SACRAFICE means.... and all about the word obedience! 
Feeling the spirit 24/7 is equally amazing and overwhelming.
The MTC is an inspired place in this world. I know that it is preparing my for NEW YORK. My heart just smiles so big when I day dream about NY. 

Some of my top tender mercies:
-DIET COKE!!!!! (I was so happy to find this love of mine in the cafeteria!)
-PRAYER
-DEAR ELDER (mom, dad, peyton, grandma, grandpa... THANK YOU THANK YOU)
-Seeing Sister Soren EVERYDAY!                                
                                           ​                                                                                 
I testify that Heavenly Father lives. He loves you all so much.
I love you all so much too!
Have a wonderfull week guys.
Choose the right and write me!!!!!! ;)
Talk to you soon,
XOXO Hermana Worley​ 

No comments:

Post a Comment