Tuesday, December 27, 2016

The mission call!

Waiting for a mission call is a unique experience. Talk about a whirlwind of emotions!
For about three straight weeks I would ask my friends & family on repeat:
"Where do you think I'll be sent?"
"Where does it look like I'll be sent?"
"People always fit their mission, which one would would fit me?!" ect, ect.... bless their hearts!
I learned quickly that I am not a very patient person & I really don't like surprises....not a good combo, I'm working on both.

December 16th 2016 is when a envelope of love showed up in my mailbox. My heart just about stopped beating! It was such a surreal experience to hold my mission call and to know that inside it tells the place that I will serve Jesus for 18 months of my life. I texted my mom and we made plans to open it at my parents home Saturday evening. 



"Dear Sister Worley:
You are hereby called to serve as a missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. You are assigned to labor in the New York, New York North Mission. 

You should report to the Provo Missionary Training Center on Wednesday, March 22, 2017. You will prepare to preach the gospel in the Spanish language."



I was so ecstatic to finally learn where I am going to serve my mission. My family had been talking about planning our next family vacation to New York City! How cool is that?? He was planting that New York seed in my parents vacation minds!


   My heart is filled with so much love + joy!
I owe everything that I have to my Father in Heaven & I feel blessed that I can dedicate 18 months of my life to Him. I am so excited to live in New York, learn the Spanish language, and share a message of peace, hope and love!
God is SO good! 

XOXO,
Hermana Worley




No comments:

Post a Comment