Tuesday, June 12, 2018

I'm greatful for.....

I'm greatful for.....
-Ice cream "Bryan" Birthday cakes! Our investigator bought me a birthday cake! So tender. She took us to her back yeard afterwards and cut us fresh flowers from her garden to stick on our kitchen table. 
-SISTER RANDALL! We have so much fun doing the Lords work together!
-Church!!! I love sundays. :)

For our amazing subject line our neighbor Bob was talking to us on afternoon. He told us that he gives all of the sisters that have been his next door neighbor nicknames, so we were trying to guess Sister Randalls. I guess 7 Brides for 7 Brothers, which we were informed isnt correct, then all of a sudden Sister Randall belts "OH bless your beautiful hiiiiiide" Oh the look on Bobs face aftwerwards was priceless. Haha. :)

Somehow the weeks just keep getting fuller & more exhausting here in Middletown. I think the Lord is teaching me about what it means to earn my pillow each night. I love summer time here in Middletown! We have been able to teach people out on their back patios. 

We were in a lesson with a family that we have been teaching pretty consistently. Our game plan for the lesson was to teach them about our church but while we were with them Sister Randall and I both felt that we needed to change plans and teach about the Plan of Salvation. Tracy, the wife, was quite suprised to find out that we dont believe in a "hell". We invited them to pray and ask Heavenly Father to know if the message that we taught is true. 

Being STL's isnt what I thought it would be, we are working with some sisters that are seriously struggling. It has been humbling for Sister Randall and I to plead with Heavenly Father to help us know how we can best minister to these sisters. We went on two splits this past week, one being an emergency. Please keep them in your prayers. 

Yesterday we preformed a musical number with a cute widow sister in the ward. She played the piano for us while we sang "How Great Thou Art". Sister Randall and I dont consider ourselves singers but we have been wanting to be creative with the way that we build our members trust. The ward loved it! We also taught in Relief Society yesterday about the talk "With One Accord" from this past general confrence. It was so fun to brainstorm with the women about unity!!!

Funny moment:
We were sitting at a traffic light, there was a nice man standing on the sidewalk so naturally we wave hello to him....then he walks in the middle of the intercetion and WAVES US THROUGH TRAFFIC while we were sitting at our red light still. It was such a wierd moment. Horns were honking.

I love you all so much!

Hermana Worley




No comments:

Post a Comment