Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Hello everyone! πŸ’›

Hello everyone! πŸ’›
This past week was filled with a lot of different kinds of days. 
The good ones and the bad ones. #strugglebusweeks
Haha isn't that just life sometimes? 
Weeks like this make me extra greatful for the Savior and this gospel.

One of my top favorite scriptures is:  Mosiah 24:13-15 (in the Book of Mormon)

13 And it came to pass that the voice of the Lord came to them in their afflictions, saying: Lift up your heads and be of good comfort, for I know of the covenant which ye have made unto me; and I will covenant with my people and deliver them out of bondage.

14 And I will also ease the burdens which are put upon your shoulders, that even you cannot feel them upon your backs, even while you are in bondage; and this will I do that ye may stand as witnesses for me hereafter, and that ye may know of a surety that I, the Lord God, do visit my people in their afflictions.

15 And now it came to pass that the burdens which were laid upon Alma and his brethren were made light; yea, the Lord did strengthen them that they could bear up their burdens with ease, and they did submit cheerfully and with patience to all the will of the Lord.

I know that the Lord does ease our burdens, even the ones that we don't feel upon our backs. 
Because of Him we can find peace + strength in the struggle. 

Hermana Anderson heads home next this coming Tuesday and that means transfer calls will be this Saturday evening sometime! I am very thankful for all that I have learned from her!

Hermana Day and I were able to visit the Empire State Building! It was magic to view the city from such a different perspective than I usually do. 
It was as if I was looking at a land of legos with a big broccoli patch right in the middle. Then it hit me that Heavenly Father wants me here in this city, at this moment, speaking Spanish, living in Harlem just trying to do what the Savior would do.

Pictures:
Top of the Empire state & Little India

Lots of love,
Hermana Worley 



No comments:

Post a Comment