Sunday, October 8, 2017

Hi everyone!

Hi everyone!

Girls, how did you enjoy Women's Confrence?!?!?! 

My hermanas & I sure did LOVE it. We still can't stop talking about it! ๐Ÿ‘ธ๐Ÿ‘ธ๐Ÿ‘ธ Here in the city we had a "Girls Night" at the Lincoln Square chapel which is connected to the Manhattan Temple. 
(one of my favorite spots in the city)
The girls night was combined with Spanish, English & ASL sisters in the church. It was such a wonderful evening filled with cupcakes + popcorn + women's confrence + so many women with great faith.

My favorite talk was from President Utchdorf, he spoke about three sisters.
Sad, Mad, & Glad 
It can be found right here:

So I'm not sure if everyone in this group knows, but I'm a big reader. I LOVE to read books! Reading the Book of Mormon has always been one of the ways that I find peace in this life.

One of my favorite books from back home is called Life of Pi by Yan Martel.
In Life of Pi the hero explains his feelings about Christ, he says: 

“I couldn’t get Him out of my head. I still can’t. I spent three solid days thinking about Him. The more He bothered me, the less I could forget Him. And the more I learned about Him, the less I wanted to leave Him”

I feel this way about our Savior too. I love Him and the more that I learn & read about Him + His life, the closer I want to be to Him. 
I have a strong testimony that He is willing to draw as near to us as we allow Him too. ๐Ÿ’›

I am super excited for general confrence this weekend. I have been looking forward to it for 6 months!!!!! 
I hope you can take some time to listen/read/record the words that will be spoken this weekend. 

Your favorite New Yorker,
 Hermana Worley

Happy things & photos:
-Brooklyn bridge! We were able to explore this area of the city last P day! 
We also ate COOKIE DOUGH out of an icecream cone! #dangerous
-Ester + her friend + I at women's confrence. Esters mom is the Relief Society President in the ward.

-Halloween is coming!!! We love October & food costumes....and Target! 









No comments:

Post a Comment