Wednesday, December 6, 2017

12/06/17 Google Translate + Branch blessins

Hello everyone! Happy December! :)

I have some random thoughts and want to begin with a quick story!
 So hopefully you can make sense of this email...

Here we go:
About every other week we take some time to sing who one of our branch memebers who is living in a hospital/nursing home facility. When we arrived to visit with her, we were told that they needed to change her & transfer her to her bed. 
So Hermana Tua'one & I decided that we should sing to the other patients near by while we waited. We walked into the room next door and there was a cute lady reading a book.
We began to talk with her but realized that she doesn't speak english....
So then I tried Spanish....nothing
Then in my broken Portugese.....nothing
I had the idea to pull out Google translate and we translated
 "Hello! What is your name?" 
in about 12 different languages...but no luck! 
She kept shaking her head and finger "no". 
So we found a nurse nearby and asked her what language she speaks. 
She said Russian! We then took this new knoweldge and Google translated "Hello! What is your name?" into Russian and she exclaimed "Analise!!!"
 with a huge smile on her face! 
We were able to converse with her by her speaking into my speaker on my tablet- it translating it to English and then us translating our English to Russian. We are excitited to go back and visit with her next week. We are planning to bring her a copy of our favorite book! You already know which one! The Book of Mormon! ;)
It was such a neat expierence that testified to me all over again, LOVE has no boundries. 
The color of our flag, skin, food does not matter. 
We are ALL children on God. 

I have spent the past few days were spent feeling sicker than a dog + resting at home. I came down with a really nasty bug which was super lame but it also made me so greatful to a companion who was willing to wipe my runny nose & make me tea + a branch president who was worthy to give me an anionted healing blessing + modern medicine + heremana espinosa (a cute memeber in the branch) who brought me homemade soup!

I love you all. 
I know that we are all children of a loving Heavenly Father.
Life is good.
Happy Wednesday!

Xoxo,
Hermana Worley

Photos:
-us with Analise! :-*
-selfies in Anthro
-Analise again because she is so cute and was amazed by technology...we were too!







No comments:

Post a Comment