Thursday, January 18, 2018

Hola! 01/17/2018

Hola! 
This morning Hermana Tua'one and I were blessed to wake up to snowfall!!! pure magic.
But I want to share one of my favorite expierences this past week with you all. There is a less active memeber in the branch who is very very ill. For the storys sake, let's just call her Lucy.
     So we were talking on the phone with Lucy this past Saturday evening and Hermana Tua'one and I felt prompted that we should ask if we could come over before church to begin a fast for her and then come by later after church to end our fast with her. Which Lucy agreed!

(side note:
to "fast" is to go without food and drink voluntarily for a certain period of time. You can fast for many purposes. We wanted to fast to ask Heavenly Father to heal Lucy. Fasting can help you prepare yourself and/or others to receive God’s blessings.)

     As we were there Sunday morning in her home Lucy began to list off her sicknesses to us before we began our fast with a prayer. It was a very long list and I remember looking over to Hermana Tua'one thinking....
*Do we REALLY have the faith that Lucy can be healed of all of her sicknesses?*
and then a tender spiritual confirmation came to me & I KNEW that yes we do. The fast that Hermana Tua'one and I were able to participate in was special. I am 100% certian that we all have the ability to access that heavenly POWER, if we use our agency to do so. It is right there waiting for us.
     I know that we are here on this earthly journey to HELP and LOVE our borthers + sisters. Through this expierence with Lucy, it was re-testified to me that the Lord does work according to our FAITH. 
It is by faith that we can see & preform miracles.

Love,
Hermana Worley


Happy Things:
-Zone Confrence!!! Great things are happening in the NYNYN Mission. We are working on keepin' up on those New Year Resolutions.....my gratitude jar is going strong......but about my other ones......Im sure greatful for the atonement of Jesus Christ. #keeptrying
- The tender funeral of our Prophet Thomas S. Monson & the call to our new Prophet Russel M. Nelson!
-Snowfall!
-El Libro de Mormon. I love this book, especially in Spanish.
-Art. I was able to draw this past week! 
-Prayer. I know He hears my prayers. He hears your prayers too. 
-New people to teach! We were able to find some new people to teach through helping a woman take down her christmas decorations. Service is important!


Pictures:
-buddha! Thanks for the pic momma worley. 
-danbury sunsets.
-PUPPIES!
-my cute compa hit 7 months of her service to the Lord. whoohoo!
We are both sure glad that we have been called to serve our King! 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment