Saturday, April 1, 2017

Week 2 in the MTC

Hola friends & family!

I L-O-V-E you all SO much.
I'm still waiting for that chocolate that you all were going to send me in the mail, but I'll let you know when it arrives. haha ;)
But seriously, thank you for all of the sweet emails!

Today is my "P " day! So my companion and I finished up our laundry this morning! We are currently soaking in the sunshine on a bench outside the MTC. Soon we will head into the chappel to watch general confrence! YAY!
We have both been looking forward to being able to listen to general conference all week long!
As a missionary, it feels like a movie marathon! We already bought our treats, it's back in our doorn room awaiting for us!
It has been an amazing/busy/growing/fun/spiritual/awesome week.

I have some big news!!!! So my Spanish has been going super awesome.... the MTC has coordinated with my mission president & I have been put on the fast track to New York! Instead of leaving in 5 weeks, I will be heading to New York this coming Wednesday!!!!  WHOOOHOOO! 

I was able to go to the temple this week with my zone. It felt amazing to feel the spirit so strongly. My companion and I both needed that spiritual rejuvenation. It was Hermana Solomons first time seeing the angel Moroni that is ontop of the temple! They don't have an angel Moroni on top of the New Zealand temple....
So when we first got there she said:
Hermana Solomon: "Now I know why my parents tell me that I am like angel Moroni!"
Hermana Worley: "Why do they tell you that?!"
Hermana Solomon: "Because I really AM the GOLDEN child!"
Hahaha it was so funny.

Let me tell you a little story about Elder Batman=
This week the elders in my district found a BAT in their dorm rooms. GAH! So Elder Ward caught the bat with his pillow and then took the little guy out side to let it go......he's now known as Elder Batman. The not so fun side of this story is that 2 elders had to go recieve immunizations for rabies and one of them is being checked out for it. Crazy stuff.

Last Sunday I was able to watch a SUPER awesome talk titled  "The Character of Christ" given be David Bednar.
One of my favorite things is that Bednar explains that the character of Christ:
ALWAYS turns out to others, the natural man wants to turn in!!
The natural man is the cookie monster:
"I WANT COOKIE NOW!" #selfish #instantgratification

Jesus Christ always turns outward, even when he is suffering. I testify that conversion to Christ IS getting rid of the Cookie Monster!!! I think that this doesn't come all at once. This comes little by little, day by day, as we strive to follow our Saviors example. I know that Jesus and Heavenly Father are such kind, gentle, and tender tutors that we have. 
I am so thankful for the LOVE + PEACE + JOY that we can all recieve from them.
One of my favorite scriptures this week is: Mosiah 4:9 

ALSO, APRIL FOOLS!!!! I'm NOT going to New York next week!!!!!! 
LO SIENTO! (sorry sorry sorry i had too! It's a holiday!) :)
I am still going be learning Spanish + the Gospel at the MTC for the next 5 weeks. Thank goodness. I have a lot to work on!
Hope I didn't freak ya out too much, mom! ;)

Some of the tender mercies that I have enjoyed this week:
-King Benjamans address!
-Letters & Emails & Packages!
-The eliptical at the gym
-Hermana Solomon
-My bangs for hiding that pesky forehead zit of mine. #blessing's
-The teachers at the MTC!

What were some of the tender mercies in YOUR life this week? I would love to know. 

I hope you all have a wonderful week.
Much LOVE & LIGHT,
Hermana Worley










No comments:

Post a Comment