Saturday, April 22, 2017

Week 5 in the MTC

HELLO everyone....the butterflies are in my stomach because I am flying to NEW YORK in NINE days!!!! WOAH!
How am I already a month into my mission? Ahh I am feeling uber nervous + uber excited for this next adventure to begin. Last night I received​​​​ my travel plans which informed me that on May 1st I depart the MTC at 3:30 am and will arrive in Westchester County, NY at 4:04 pm.
Are you ready for me New York??? 
I'm coming for you soon!

Easter was a beautiful day at the MTC. In the morning Hermana Solomon + I were able to open up our easter letters together! (thanks worley family!) We then wrote an Easter song and went around to all of the classrooms in our hallways to spread some Easter Cheer! The title of this little song is "Felize Pascua" and it goes to the tune "Felize Navidad"! It was full of cheesiness and brought lots of missionary smiles!
Then a little bit later in the day Elder Oaks came to speak to all of the missionaries which was incredible and we also got to hear from his sweet wife which was amazing as well!! It's such a treat being able to hear from the wives of general authorities here!! When we were singing prelude music while Elder Oaks was on the stand before either of them spoke, I just started crying like nobodies business because I'M A CRIER + it just HIT me how incredible and how huge of a blessing it was that I was sitting about 500 feet away from an APOSTLE of the Lord. I am SO blessed!!!! I'm truly convinced I'm the luckiest girl in the world right about now. When else in my life will I be able to expierence Easter mornings like this?!  I LOVE THIS GOSPEL!

My favorite devotional at the MTC thus far happened this past Tuesday by Elder Uceda. He spoke about some different translations of the word "repentance" and I don't have my notes right now so hopefully this is right...but in Hebrew the translation of repentance is "to turn around" and the translation in Greek is "to change mind". WOWZA is that not beautiful?! Repentance has zero connection to pain or guilt in these translations, AS IT SHOULD BE!!!! That is something I have been reminded often since being at the MTC is that repentance means to CHANGE. It means you are willing to BECOME more as Christ and I think that is a BEAUTIFUL process! :) 

The MTC has not been my favorite place in the world but it has given me SO many special expierences that I will treasure for my whole life. It just boggles my mind to know that I am not meeting with any more investigators at the MTC. I have made lots of "life long" missionary friends from ALL of the world here. 
Seriously!: New Zealand, Japan, Mexico, Washington, Paris, Washington, Tonga. I LOVE it. 
I have learned that I can eat "CHICKEN FRIED CHICKED" for Jesus... (in my pre-mission life I was a vegetarian)
The gift of tounges is real!!!! But not what I expected.....I always thought of this gift as a ​​ gift...but I am learning that it is a gift of understanding.
The MTC has taught me ALL about prayer! I love it! Talking with Heavenly Father is the best... Every morning when I finish my prayers before I leave for the day, I start another prayer and try to keep it going all day. I think that we should always be on our knees in our hearts. Always praying, when you are at work, pray. When you are at school, pray. When you are walking, pray. Constant prayer is like having a wifi hotspot in your heart with constant connectivity with God. That way He can send you messages and cut through the noise and emotions of the day. With your hotspot you can hear God always and do His will.

Little love letters:

Dear Spanish, you are becoming more and more easier with each passing day but also more and more confusing with each passing day. I just love that!

Dear MTC food, here is the deal, I have been real patient with you... but I cannot eat "CHICKEN FRIED CHICKEN" for dinner one more time. 

Dear bangs, today I am going to try and trim you.....please forgive me if I hack you all off. #sendprayers

Dear body towel, thanks for acting as my outfit when Hermana Solomon and I were locked out of our room for a solid 1/2 hour this past Thursday evening! Whoopsy daisy.

Dear Watermelon Essie nail polish, you are so pretty + my heart gets so happy every time I see you on my finger nails! 


Pictures
-YaY for the Temple! We took this picture Easter Sunday. One of the senior sister missionaries told me that I looked like an Easter egg that day. LOL!
-My friends from Paris, Japan, Utah and Washington...arent they all darling!
-So Hermana Solomon and I were locked out of our room 2 times this week.....this picture is the first time....I had to walk down to the front office without shoes on and holding my pants.....making memories for sure....
- My Hermanas! Last night Hermana Solomon and I hosted a girls night! We practiced Spanish + painted our nails + face masks + ate Easter candy! We live for nights like these. They make my heart so happy! 
















No comments:

Post a Comment