Sunday, April 9, 2017

MTC Week 3 letter to HOME

Right now I am sitting in the laundry mat waiting for my clothing to dry!
This week was a long one and kinda hard! But today is a good day with lots of new possibilities! Thanks for that email mom. 
I also get to go to the temple at 2! Nothing super crazy out of the ordianry happened this week. 
I loved the brownies that grandma and grandpa sent. So did all of the hermanas in my room! 
The tea cup that you sent has been me favorite thing ever. It has been such a good tool to help me unwind my brain at night with jornaling + tea time. 

So yesterday was my hardest day all week. I was sitting in my Spanish class and I was just really sad that Molly had died.
I know it is kind of silly, because I said goodbye to her before I left and I know that she was really old but she was still my first child. 
I explained this to Hermana Solmon, that Molly was put down, and she was so sweet. She was like:
 "GIrl you are able to feel sad! My grandpa is going to die soon and he is old and I said goodbye to him before I left. You shouldn't feel bad or silly that your cat died just because she was old"
HA it was just what I needed to hear. :)
But my teacher brother Savage saw that I was feeling a bit down and he pulled me and my companion into another room. He asked me to explain to him what was going on. I told him that my cat died. Then he laughed and I started to cry. He felt so bad, so then he showed me a video of his fish that just died. #notthesameatall!!!!!!! 
Which didn't make me feel better and made him feel even worst.
(Keep in mind that he is still a 21 years old guy. just got back from his mish. going to school at BYU.)
So he assigned the class to a different teacher and said to Solomon & I
 "Is it okay if we don't learn Spanish today? I think that we all need to go make some other peoples days a little bit brighter!"
So all three of us went out side and talked to different people at the MTC. We went to the laundry mat and thanked the workers for keeping the MTC so clean. We walked other Hermanas to class. 
As we were walking Brother Savage would say things like "Doesn't this rain just make eveything smell so good?" "We are so lucky to see mountains" or "Look at how pretty the flowers are today"
When we were out walking around the mtc grounds I turned to him and thanked him for reminding me that reaching out to others when I am struggling makes me feel so much better!
I am so thankful for my teachers at the MTC. Brother Savage reminded me that when we feel hurt or sad on the inside the BEST way to help fix those blues is to serve someone out. To look outward towards others! I love it so much!

My favorite part of my week is when I get to meet with Maribel. She is our investigator right now and she brings me SO much sunshine. Yesterday morning Hereman Solmon and I planned a simple lesson about Faith. I shared my favorite scripture with her wich is Matthew 17:20
"And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you." 
I really really really wanted to bring her a mustard seed but they dont have any at the MTC :( so I picked up a little pebble that I found on the ground and asked her to pretend that it was one! Hahaha! She was dying laughing.
Hermana Solmon invited her to practice her Faith in God this week by trying to serve a new person each day because our 1st commandment is to LOVE! 

Thank you for your love and support! I don't feel like writing a group email to everyone this week. I feel kind of bad, but then I also just keep remembering when President Stephan said that the only people that I should feel obligated to write is you too! 
I'm so happy he told me that. I super needed to hear it! 
Peyton, Olivia and Saulie know that I love you all! I am so excited for Pey to go to Prom!!! I WANT PICTURES! :):):) I am excited for Olivia to enjoy her weekend because she wont have to deal with stupid girls at school! And Saulie to send me some cello music! ;)

Mom and Dad, I am reallllllly nervous about not being able to fit all of my belongings back into my suitcase! So is it okay if I sent you guys some of my books? Winter coat? back to you guys and them you send it back to me when I get to New York? I was told this week that I have to pay to ship my suitcases! I am super worried that I wont have enough money to send them to New York if they weigh more than they should! 

Funny story: 
The elders sometimes think that I am cute and say flirty things. Which honestly is just super annoying because hashtag I am a sista'. But this week Hermana Solomon and I were leaving the bathroom and an elder came up to me and said "sooooooooo pretty" and i was like "uuuuuuhhhh thanks?" And then Hermana Solmon was like "Excuse you but SHE is sister missionarie" AHahah it was so funny! Love her!

Spanish is comming along! It is amazing how well I can understand it! I have a hard time communicating but I just learn to simplify my sentences and usually I can get my point across! I feel pretty overwhelmed because my teachers assign me SO much extra spanish work to do after class and I just feel like I can't ever get it all done. But its okay. I know that all I can do is my best and there is no need to stress about the reast. This week it REALLY hit me that I have been called to learn spanish for life. Learning Spanish is not just an 18 month gig. Which is actually really exciting. I have been setting some long term and short term goals. Right now I am trying to memorize Josphs Smith First Vision this week! By the end of the MTC I want to be able to say all of my prayers in Spanish with as little Spanglish as possible. When I hit 6 months on my mission I want to have most of the lessons memorized in Spanish. When I hit my year mark I want to be able to journal all of my personal entries in Spanish. 

But anywho! I hope that you have a good week! I am SO pummped to get my dirty diet coke package!!!WHOOOHOO!!

I dont think that I need anything at all this week! Just prayers! :) 

I also FAILED on taking pics this week so here are some selfies!! ;)

111114444443333!!!
SISTA WORLEY

Also sister Solomon has an icepack because a year ago she had surgery on her shoulder and for service we were washing windows!!!!!AH it killed her arm so afterwards we got her an Icepack....why its on her head......i dont even know lol!!! She is a hoot!

Please let grandma and grandpa THANKYOUfor the package! Feel free to share this message with them! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment