Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Theory for life......SMILE


I really need to think of more creative "hello" greetings but there is no time for that this week so here is a great big:
 HELLO EVERYONE! :)

I hope that you all have a wonderful week.
It is interesting to me to see and expierence a little pice of SO many different cultures here. But one thing that is tried and true throughout my travels in life, and has been true here is that when you see people on the street and you give them a small smile, chances are....they wont even smile back at you. BUT if you give them a HUGE smile, most of the time you al least get a little smile back. :)
So I just walk around saying HELLO + HOLA with a HUGE smile plastered on my face and usually I get at least little smiles back. :) Try it out this week!

Yesterday when Hermana Anderson and I were headed home on the bus we were able to meet a darling women who was deaf and refer her the elders. We used the sign language that we both knew (which is very limited), showed her a video that the elders put together, she put in thier phone number in her phone and were able to talk about her job with her! She braids hair for a living! This expierence testified to me that LOVE really is the universal language!!!

I dont have much time this week to write today but I hope that you are saying your prayers + reading your scriptures + remembering your Savior Jesus Christ.

mini letter poetry:

Dear Spiral Stairs, I'm convinced you want to kill all young children, pregnant women, and elderly people. You are SUPER sketch. 

Dear people who say they can't speak English when I speak to them in Spanish...sorry. I'm working on the accent okay?!


Dear Project Elevator, sometimes I would rather pee in you than some of the bathroom that I visit in peoples homes.......dont ask.

Dear self, you should have taken a world religions class for SURE. Anyone want to do some religion research and send it my way???? ;) There are so many different religions practiced here.

Dear family, thanks for the letters you gave me before I went to the MTC. I read them often and they fill me with SO much strength and love!!! 


Photos:
-gotta apprecaite all of the thank you you can get
-a classic manhattan sunset...they get me every evening...



No comments:

Post a Comment