Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Jesus turned water into milk for his dog?????

Haha okay let me just start by explaning the header of this email.....So yesterday Hermana Anderson and I were teaching a cute old lady. Her name is Maria and she is from the Dominican Republic and she lives in a project building. When we were in the middle of the lesson I saw a mouse run across the living room floor so I naturally jumped and said 
"AH! Un raton!!!"
and then Maria said....
"Oh they live here too" ha!
So we continued on with the lesson by me asking what was her favorite miracle that Jesus Christ preformed when He was here on Earth?
Which she replied 
"Oh that is easy.....When Jesus turned the water into milk to give to his DOG!"
Hermana Anderson and I just turned to each other at lost for words.....so I explained that I think Maria is reading a different translation of the Bible than we are because I wasn't familiar with that story.....HA!
This is NEW YORK... and it is a crazy + wonderful place!

Speedy recap of my week:
I have my first and last zone meeting, hours of studies, I taught lessons completely in Spanish, eaten fried plantains rice and beans, gone on my first split, been yelled at, hit on, RAINED on, gotten dunking donuts, met people from the DR and Africa and Mexicans and Exuadorians and Honduranians and one of the best news: all my clothes still fit!
Life is a whirlwhind and I feel pretty lucky to be expierencing this all while representing our Savior Jesus Christ. 
I have been learning that peace can be found in the quiet moments that we are studing our scriptures but peace can also be found in the loud moments when you are clinging to dear life squished in the subway with a billion other people. True peace comes from within.....by turning our hearts to the Lord.

Today Hermana Anderson and I are going to look at Art in the MET!!!! I have been wanting to adventure there for so long!! Whoohoo! Then afterwards we will find some good pizza for our P Day!!!

With mothers day approaching so soon I want to take a moment to thank my mom. I love my mom so much! She is incredible and all that I hope to be in this life. I still hear her voice in the morning saying "ten swipes...1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10" when I apply my deodarant. I am one lucky girl to say that my momma is my best friend!
Make sure to show your momma some love this week. 

I love you all!
XOXO,
Hermana Worley

Pictures: on the subway passing out Jesus cards and Chelsea market!!








No comments:

Post a Comment