Wednesday, May 3, 2017

I'm doing the Harlem Shake!!! 5/3/17

I am in NEW YORK!!!! 
I arrived to New York Monday Evening & I LOVE IT!!!!!!! 
Tuesday Morning I was able to meet my new darling companion/tranior! Her name is Hermana Anderson! 
I have been assigned to labor in Central Manhattan! WHOOP WHOOP! I am in the city! 
When I first arrived I felt sensory overload to the max but I am adjusting really well!
It seriously feels like I am living in a movie set.....and trying to share messages about Jesus to a super big variety of people.....it is the best thing ever! I feel like I am living the dream!!!! Never coming back home!!!! 
(just kidding mom and dad ;) )

So the apartment that I live at is uber cute. OH my! It is located in Harlem and it is right across the streets the the projects....HA I love it! Keeps life intreresting. The area that Hermana Anderson and I cover is the west side of Manhattan but we live on the east side. 
When I first walked into the apartment with my bags Hermana Mercado looked at my and said: "WELCOME TO THE GETTOS!!!!"

Yesterday I purchased my Metro card and I have already put it ready it to really good use. The subway is super busy + smelly + wonderful. Using public transportation is a big blessing because we are given SO many different oppertunites to meet new people. 

I already witnessed 5 baptisms on my mission my first day here! I'm not kidding...do you want to know how? I was able to go to the Manhattan temple with Hermana Anderson and two recent converts in the ward, Viance + Evelyn. They are both darling. Evelyn is from the Domincain Rebublic and Viance is her 15 year old daughter. Evelyn was so happy when I explained that Peyton is going to the D.R. this summer for humanitarian work. But anywho, Viance + Evelyn were able to preform baptisms in the temple for thier family memebers that passed away. It was such a beautiful expierence to be able to witness. I am so thankful that this gospel is so centered on Jesus Christ and families. 

Today my companion and I have been #bossladies. We walked to the laundrymatt, picked up some groceries/items from Target and we are going to eat some new york pizza, visit Chelsea market, teach about the priesthood this evening to a 17 year old girl named Gala. 

Pictures:
-my cute companion and I
-the Manhattan temple....swoooooon... right?
-me with me first Metro card....excuse the bangs....the humidity is so real.

I hope you all have a wonderful week. I am sending you all lots of love and light. 
Xoxo, Hermana Worley 

I can't figure out how to send a group email on my tablet!!! 





No comments:

Post a Comment