Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Tranfers + Funfetti + A sick companion

HOLA HOLA HOLA!

GUESS WHAT! TRANFERS THIS WEEK!!! FUN STUFF! 
I am still city living finishing up my training this cycle with Hermana Anderson. 
One of our sister roomate left us and we are sad to loose Hermana Balcasar but we are SUPER excited to have Hermana Day come and join us! She is the bees knees!

Hermana Anderson has been dealing with a lame bug and this past Saturday we spent in our home so she could rest for the day. Send her some good vibes if you can!

This past week was filled with a lot of wonderful things.

Yesterday Hermana Anderson & I baked a TON of Funfetti cookies for all of our friends in the city with a mini message about the gospel! Like FOUR  dozen cookies. Our apartment still smells divine.
When we were on the bus to go deliever all of our treats I saw a super cute little latino lady sitting down and a strong impression came to me 
"you need to give her a plate of cookies" 
and I thought oh my word! WHAT!?
How am I supposed to give a stanger a plate of cookies when I dont even speak her language very well?!
 She is gonna think I am so wierd but I reminded myself that I am wierd and all that I need is 12 seconds of extreme bravery!
So I sat down next her said "hola" & just prayed SO hard for the best.
We were able to understand eachother really well and talk about our relationship with Jesus Christ. When my bus stop was coming up I explained to her that I have a plate of cookies for her and she was like "uuuuhhhhm esta bien" but I ended up explaining to her that they are for her because I love her and I hope that she can enjoy the note that is with them and drink some milk too! And then guess what happened!!! 
SHE TOOK THE COOKIES! 
I don't know why I felt impressed to give a random stranger a plate of cookies on the bus BUT I do know that it is SUPER imporant to follow the promptings of the Holy Ghost. I may never see that lady again and I may never know if the cookies made it to her home or into a trash can after she got off the bus, but it doesn't matter! If you have a kind thought come to your mind......DO IT! That is my challenge to you all this week.

Tender mercies:
-My METRO CARD - A/C on the SUBWAY!!!! HOLLA!!!
-SUNSHINE
-ALL of the YELLOW taxi cabs. SO new york.
-This city. There are so many magic moments!

I love you all lots! 
Talk next week


Fotos:
My and my Magnolia red velvet cupcake! SO YUM!
My first complete SPANISH note




No comments:

Post a Comment